Tuesday, February 21, 2012

What's Your Toy-Q?

     Anyone who has tried to carry on a conversation with me over the past five years can probably attest to the fact that I'm a lot less sharp than I used to be.  See, before kids I would have used the word "articulate".  Granted, I've always had trouble splitting a check with friends (with tip) but now it seems like I'm even more dumb than before.  I'm so dumb that I can't even think of a good example about how dumb I am right now (I may very well think of six once I'm done posting).  Now I think I know why I'm not so smart anymore.  It's my theory that all 110 points of my IQ (this is not confirmed, just a guess) are being wasted at classifying kids' toys.  Now you can give it a try... What's your toy IQ?  Two points for every answer- one for a correct type of toy and a second point if you can name the brand! 
Disclaimer: This quiz might be only slightly gender biased... I don't have any Polly Pocket dresses lying around.  But I did try to choose gender neutral toys for the purpose of fairness.

1.

2.

3.


4.

5.

6.

7.

8.

9.

10.

11.

12.

13.

14.

15.

16.

17.

18.

19.

20.

21.

Well? How did you do?  Let's find out if you're as smart as me (which means you've likely diverted most of your intelligence to toy classification too).

1.  Lincoln Logs window
2. Candy Land man
3. Mr. Potato Head's ear
4. Elefun butterfly
5. Red cylinder puzzle block (by ?)
6. Red wooden block by Imaginarium (I think)
7. Fisher Price doctor kit blood pressure bulb
8. Let's Go Fishing (blue fishy)
9. Ants In My Pants (green ant that looks more like a grasshopper)  
11. Nerf dart gun
12. Silly Band guitar
13. Rock and Roll Mr. Potato Head's earring
14. Chameleon from the dentist's office grab bag (notice how he is camouflaged to match the stains on my table)
15. Peas
16. Batman's bat thingy from Imaginext
17. Stylus for Nintendo DS
18. Trio block
19. Bristle blocks by Playskool
20. Stinker from Uno Moo
21. I have no idea what this is.  I found it at the bottom of a toy box.  You get an extra 20 points if you know what this is and you post a comment.

2 comments:

  1. 21. Gas can from a Playmobil set?
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Playmobil-3041-geobra-plastic-dirorama-toy-red-gas-can-container-/130632650510#ht_2793wt_1165

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job putting this together,but you skipped over number ten in your answer key. :-)

    Emma

    ReplyDelete