Monday, January 17, 2011

Re: Toys That Break Easily

     It's official, I would like to add to my list of most annoying toys... Transformers.  And here's why: Liam went shopping for his best friend's birthday present and got him a Transformer (if you're reading this Mary Anne, sorry I gave away the surprise).  It became immediately clear that Liam wanted a Transformer too so he spent his own money to buy a matching one.  In the past 20 hours since its purchase I have transformed it about 4 times, my husband about 6 times, Liam 2 1/2 and my brother who is visiting from out of town can't count how many times he's transformed it (partly because he's obsessed with fiddling with it... even when Liam is not around).  We have been asked (or told) to transform it about 58 times.
     Did you know modern Transformers have little hairpin clips that need to be perfectly aligned for clicking back together?  And that they have ball bearing joints that easily pop off and need to be snapped back into place? 
     Perhaps the Transformer would be less annoying if it didn't also speak. That's not to say that this Transformer has a voice option.  No, it only speaks to Liam.  It tells Liam that it wants to be transformed.  Roughly translated, this means we need to transform it.  No matter what we are doing- showering, making dinner, driving, sleeping...
     Depending on how this next 24 hours goes, I may be forced to do something drastic.  Like packing the Transformer into my brother's bag for him to take back home when he leaves next week.

1 comment:

  1. You send that thing away and I'll act as your son's attorney to get him his refund from you.

    ReplyDelete